Your NEXT LEVEL in ministry is here!!! This is the word of the Lord. God Almighty by His Spirit is granting you supernatural speed and mobility this day.
It doesn’t matter how things have dragged in your ministry, there are always windows of divine opportunities opened for your next level.
Next levels always exist in God by the Spirit because the path of the just is as the shinning light that shines more and more unto the perfect day – Prov.4:18.
It’s also by the Spirit of God that we move from one level of glory to new levels of glory – 2 Cor.3:18.
So, it is God’s will for you dear friend to ascend new levels in Grace expression and Glory manifestation.
But this morning, at the instance of the Lord, I want to talk about ONE MAJOR THING that is required to move to the next level, and that is ADJUSTMENT!
By ADJUSTMENT I mean MENTAL ADJUSTMENT THAT CAUSES STRUCTURAL ALIGNMENT.
I note on good and uncompromising Scriptural authority that in life and ministry, the devil is not as powerful as we think; we most times need a MIND RESET as ministers.
It’s instructive to note that Satan cannot have a field day or hold a high carnival in your life until he makes you to believe something wrong.
And by that concession of mindset, you blow issues out of proportion.
Truth is that JUST A LITTLE ADJUSTMENT IN YOUR MINISTRY CAN TRIGGER YOUR LONG-EXPECTED CHANGE OF LEVEL.
A minister who is stereotyped and not open-minded to the Holy Spirit will remain on the same level.
There are certain things that we do in ministry that are not really a product of direct instructions from the Lord but a carry-over of personal biases, beliefs, prejudices and idiosyncrasies.
So, when the Spirit of God gives a signal for an adjustment in such areas, many ministers put up a resistance and they wonder why they’re on the same level.
A minister must therefore be updated in the things of the Spirit so that he would not be outdated in the scheme of things.
I once heard Dr. Paul Enenche say, “IT IS YOUR MENTAL UPDATE THAT DETERMINES YOUR DESTINY UPGRADE”.
Very strong! Isn’t it? It is acute display of pride and independent spirit for a minister to shut the Spirit of God out of his decision making process by not leaving room for the possibility of the Spirit of God tinkering with his mindset.
No matter the prophetic word over your life and ministry, there’s something which according to Jesus can make the word of God void or of no effect i.e. TRADITION – Matt.15:6.
TRUTH is different from TRADITION. Therefore you as a minister must be CURRENT WITH GOD and open to His Spirit for the communication of His supreme counsel per time.
There are ministers who will want us to believe that some things are not spiritual but carnal yet inability to key into those things has pegged their ministries on the same level.
Ministry is primarily contingent on PRAYER and THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD – Acts 6:4 but it does not stop there, there are administive issues to handle and we see this in the early Church in Acts 6:1-6, and then THAT LITTLE ADJUSTMENT led to WORD EXPLOSION and CHURCH GROWTH EXPLOSION in verse 7.
And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
Please read in context; the apostles had to bring in “MINOR ADJUSTMENT” for this revival to break forth.
They didn’t take the ministry of serving tables for granted; they rather delegated it to trusted hands for effective administration.
Dear minister, what specific areas does God want you to ADJUST?
I can humbly submit that in my few years of ministry experience and learning at the feet of the fathers, such areas vary and are sometimes numerous.
For instance, the Holy Spirit may want you to ADJUST in the following areas:
(1) The way you talk and address your people.
(2) Your mode and manner of human relations. There are ministers who only call people anytime they need something. It is wrong because it’s not a sense of value.
(3) The structure of your daily routines.
(4) The way you dress or your appearance in general. You may say I’m carnal but there are people that may not accept your ministry (no matter the WORD or FIRE) if you don’t have a good appearance.
(5) The way you give. Some ministers don’t give. I’m a minister by God’s Grace and I know what I’m saying. Some ministers don’t believe in seed sowing; they say the seed is the Word. Correct because the Bible says so – Lk.8:11 but they also need to balance it with 2 Cor.9:6-10.
(6) The time invested in each church service. It’s not good for people to be getting home late everytime because you’re preaching “everlasting sermons”.
(7) Your use of social media. Some ministers believe that all kinds of “nonsense” go on on social media and as such they don’t want to have anything to do with it, yet the Spirit of God may lead in that direction if they maintain openess of heart and mind.
(8) The way you treat and receive other ministers when they preach for you. Giving a minister a very poor honorarium and treating them badly does not glorify the Name of Christ. ADJUST!!!
If you can’t take care of a guest minister based on your “current level”, then don’t bring him. He also has obligations to meet. Don’t complicate issues for yourself.
(9) Your approach to partnership. Some ministers feel that asking people who have been blessed by their ministry to partner with it is equal to begging. You hear a minister say something like, “I can’t beg anybody o”.
Truth is that nobody is begging anybody. That you had a very terrible experience with one or two people in the past doesn’t mean that there are no good people out there. Some people are MORE THAN WILLING to partner with your ministry if the platform is there.
(10) Your leadership style. How do you lead? Operating like a tyrant who listens to no counsel even from those who look up to you must be ADJUSTED.
(11) Your handling of ministry finances. If you’re the type who doesn’t seperate “personal finance” from “ministry finance” especially on the pretext of “The man is the ministry”, you need ADJUSTMENT in that area. Accountability is key in everything that we do in ministry.
(12) Your approach to packaging. I know some don’t like hearing this but I don’t play to the gallery. You need good packaging. Both the CONTENT and the CONTAINER are important, Jesus said – Matt.2:22.
Yes don’t package mediocrity of course but GOOD SUBSTANCE SHOULD BE PUT IN A NICE PACKAGE.
How does your auditorium look? Are people heated up? Is there good ventilation? How does the rest room look like? What about the children church?
Will parents feel secured attending your church if they look at the set up of your children department? Do you have good sound? Do your musical gadgets produce “deafening sound” in the ears of people? How do you welcome and receive first timers? This list is endless!
Anybody can say that these things are not important, and that it’s about THE WORD and FIRE.
By God’s Grace, those are VERY KEY but have you ever thought that could omission in these aforementioned areas have slowed down your work? We always need BALANCE in every thing that we do!
The twelve areas mentioned are just a little drop in an ocean. There are MANY MORE areas that require ADJUSTMENT in our thinking and consequently in our ministry.
When Jesus came on earth, the first message He began to preach was A CHANGE OF MINDSET.
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, REPENT: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Remember Peter; God wanted to open a major ministry door for him but his mindset struggled with it, thus he began to argue with the Lord until the Lord began to straighten him out.
But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
You never know the UNLIMITED POSSIBLITIES at your reach in life and ministry until you become more open to the Holy Spirit for instructions, directions, corrections and adjustments.
Your NEXT LEVEL is here. Kindly partner with the Spirit of God and move on with Him into a new season in glory.
That NEXT LEVEL is SIGNED, SEALED and DELIVERED!
Glory to God!!!
I trust this is a blessing Sirs and Mas?
Source: Bimbo Animashaun Teaching Ministries |Published with permission.