God doesn’t want you to have fear over anything because He promised to never leave or abandon you (Hebrews 13:5). In fact, the phrase “Fear not” appears in more than 60 verses of the Bible!
So what do we do if fear is tormenting us? The fastest way to remove fear from our lives is to focus on God’s love for us. As we think on the love of God, we will see fear and worry go away. First John 4:18 says, “Love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.”
As challenging as the torment of fear and worry can be, it is no match for God’s love. It has to take a back seat when your focus is on God as a loving Father who cares for you and wants you to prosper. Thoughts of fear that come into your mind can be knocked down simply by speaking God’s Word out of your mouth. The Word of God is not just helpful for pulling down strongholds—it is mighty when it comes to pulling down Satan’s strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4-5).
Here are some examples of how you can speak God’s Word by faith:
- “God is on my side!” (Psalm 118:6; Hebrews 13:6).
- “Since God is for me, who can be against me?” (Romans 8:31).
- “No weapon turned against me will succeed” (Isaiah 54:17).
- “My God will supply all my needs!” (Philippians 4:19).
- “The Holy Spirit is guiding me toward the truth” (John 16:13).
- “Greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world!” (1 John 4:4).
When you know that God loves you, and you allow that love to fill every area of your life, fear cannot stay. It has no other option. Anxiety, fear and worry must leave.
Source: Kenneth Copeland Ministries