Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly,
Here’s my list of 55 reasons you should go to Church:
1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do. (Hebrews 10:25)
2. You will have the opportunity to worship God.
3. You will likely have some of life big questions answered.
4. The preaching of the Bible will help set direction for your life.
5. You will probably make some new friends.
6. You’ll probably see some old friends.
7. Being there is a sign of your discipleship.
8. Being there will encourage your pastors and leaders.
9. You’ll be encouraged in your walk with God.
10. You’ll likely encourage other people in their walk with God.
11. If you’re single, you may meet someone.
12. It will help you define what you believe.
13. It will help you understand the Bible.
14. If you have kids, it will teach them to value God and His Church.
15. People who attend church usually live longer (I didn’t make this one up… google it!)
16. It will give you an outlet for service and ministry.
17. It can help you develop personal leadership.
18. You’ll sing inspirational songs that will carry you during the week.
19. It will encourage you that God is good (if it doesn’t, it should).
20. It will help you to look outside yourself.
21. It will provide an opportunity to give financially to those in need.
22. You’ll receive love from other people.
23. You’ll be able to show love toward others.
24. You’ll hear about the great things God is doing in His Church locally and throughout the earth.
25. You’ll be prayed for.
26. You will be able to pray for others.
27. You’re likely to hear and be encouraged by answered prayers.
28. You will be able to give praise reports and share stories of God working in your life.
29. You will be able to worship God with other like-minded people.
30. It’s an opportunity to introduce a friend who doesn’t know Christ.
31. You’ve probably got nothing better to do. (Watching TV, or sleeping-in don’t count as better!)
32. Your family need you to go.
33. It honours God.
34. Because gathering is part of what it means to be a Christian.
35. Because it’s good to have your views and opinions challenged.
36. Because we all need regular reminders of our position in Christ.
37. It will help you acknowledge and confess your sins.
38. It helps you to be in the world, but not of it.
39. It will help you end one week, and starts the next, with the right focus.
40. It’s a break from work.
41. It will help you re-order your priorities.
42. It’s where your real friends are.
43. It will help you put your life story, into the grand narrative of scripture.
44. It will remind you that you have nothing to fear.
45. It helps take your focus off yourself and onto God.
46. It helps bring perspective and feeds the soul.
47. Because gathering strengthens your faith.
48. The discipline of going will help you be disciplined across all areas of life.
49. It will allow for support in times of need.
50. It promotes stability in your life.
51. It helps to promote a happy marriage.
52. It gives you something great to do with your kids.
53. It will help you to improve your self-esteem.
54. It will help your interpersonal skills.
55. It will help increase your ability to cope with the trials of life.
Receive Jesus Christ today and go to church for spiritual fellowship.
God bless you
-Apt OC Merciful
Fighting Sinful Addiction|Published with permission