– Pastor Bimbo Animashaun
A great man tenders and nurtures his wife until her best is unleashed for the world to see. Women are like a garden.
Whether that garden will be overgrown with weeds or made to produce fruits will be largely dependent on the discretionary power of the gardener (in this case her husband).
I feel sorry for a woman who marries a man who cannot harness her for productivity. Such miscalculation leads to the wastage of human capital and potentials.
I think it will make a big difference if we men begin to understand that our women mirror us.
No matter the facade you put on as a man or the self-imposed label you have inscribed on yourself, your wife is still the true reflection of who you are; she’s the mirror of your person.
That’s the reason the Bible says THE WOMAN IS THE GLORY OF THE MAN – 1Cor.11:7. So, your true picture really is in your wife.
Is it not wisdom for you therefore to invest heavily in her so that she can represent you well beyond the confines of the home front?
Why should you be advancing in your calling or career and your wife remains on the same spot?
Why should you be intimidated that your wife wants to study further?
Why should you be jittery that your wife wants to bag her Masters or Ph.D?
You may need to brush up Brother and don’t hold your wife to ransom.
Your life should be challenging your wife and not you struggling to keep up with her.
If you know that you cannot carry “a big fish” that will jostle you out of your comfort zone, why can’t you go for the size that you can handle?
Don’t let your own indolence hinder some other people from exploring their best. The point is that MARRIAGE IS A WHOLE LOT OF WORK.
Women are not “sex objects”; they are tender gardens that should be cultivated to produce sweet wine.
This is the conclusion of the matter: WE CANNOT TRULY RATE YOU UNTIL WE KNOW WHAT YOU’VE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE OUT OF YOUR WIFE.
If your wife has not been BETTER than you met her when you picked her from her father’s house, you’ve failed.
If the world gives you a standing ovation but your wife is “relegated to derogatory” on account of your maltreatment, then you’ve failed woefully as a husband.
You’ve got to POLISH and PACKAGE your wife very well so that she can become PRESENTABLE.
This is what CHRIST also DID and is DOING for His Bride – the CHURCH.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.
That he may SANCTIFY and CLEANSE it with the WASHING OF WATER BY THE WORD,
That he might PRESENT it to himself A GLORIOUS CHURCH, NOT HAVING SPOT, OR WRINKLE, OR any such thing; but that it should be holy and without BLEMISH.
You can do this by providing an enabling environment for her to grow into the fullness of her calling and potentials.
TO BE PRACTICAL WITH IT, YOU CAN:
* Motivate and encourage her with kind and precious words on a regular basis.
* Buy books for her or other materials that will increase her productivity.
* Anticipate her needs and meet them without her necessarily bringing it up, e.g personal effects.
* Lend helping hand in domestic chores and don’t say it’s exclusively for women.
* Boost her morale by appreciating her uniqueness and please don’t ever compare her with other women – DON’T SAY IT TO HER.
* Don’t force her to be like another person. Let her be herself but THE BEST of herself. She’ll be cool with that. Separate what is AUTHENTIC from what is SYNTHETIC.
* Build intimacy with her. Talk heart-to-heart not just on a peripheral level. Bro., it is possible for your wife to be “smiling” yet you have not yet uncovered what tugs her heart and bothers her mind.
* Support her in her calling, career or profession in a way that’s possible for you.
* Pray for her regularly to become the best that God has ordained her to be.
I believe that a generation of men will rise up this hour who will be TENDERERS and CULTIVATORS of the women population, and at the end God will be glorified through our homes.
Source: Bimbo Animashaun Teaching Ministries |Published with permission.