GOD SUMMARIZES EARTH’S HORRORS COMING
1. GLOBAL GRAVEYARD: One out of every four people will die (see Rev. 6:8), some through the ravages of war, others by starvation, and amazingly many others by the ‘beasts of the earth’. So, whether by death that comes instantly and thus less dreaded or a slow and painful death that is lingering and agonizing-25 percent of all people will die. At least 1,496,000,000 will die. That amounts to just about five times the current population of the United States-can you imagine that? And remember that the population of the world is doubling every 39.5 years. So every day the number of people who will die becomes larger and larger.
2. GLOBAL GRASSFIRE: One-third of all vegetation will be burned up. All grass, every tree, everything green will be destroyed (see Rev. 8:7).
3. GLOBAL NUCLEAR WINTER: The sun and the moon will be darkened as nature goes into revolt (see Rev. 8:12).
4. GLOBAL HORROR SHOW: The gates of hell will open and hordes of locusts, the size of horses, will come upon the earth. Those locusts will be allowed to sting men like scorpions and the pain will last for five months. The Bible says men will beg God to let them die but they will not die (see Rev. 9:3-6).
5. GLOBAL STARVATION: There will be worldwide famine, unlike anything the world has ever seen (see Rev. 18:8).
6. GLOBAL WARFARE: There will be a world war so bloody that the blood of those killed in battle will flow for two hundred miles up to the bridle of a horse in the valley of Jezreel. This will be the Battle of Armageddon (see Rev. 14:20).
7. GLOBAL NIGHTMARE: All told, during the Great Tribulation, as many as half of all the people on the earth will be killed. Now, do you see why God refers to the Rapture as a ‘blessed hope’? Because the Tribulation to come is so horrible!
The greatest mystery in the world today is the patience of God in allowing sin to run ravaging through this world.
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date on Facebook: