In Revelation 21:9-27 we find the wonders of Jesus. Here is the guided tour God has laid down in His Word.
HEAVEN IS NEW
1. THE FIRST NEW THING IS THE NEW HEAVEN (21:1). This does not necessitate the annihilation of the present heaven; however, it will be a thorough and basic transformation (2 Pet. 3:10-13).
2. THE SECOND NEW THING IS THE NEW EARTH (21:1). The earth will not be written off as a corrected failure of God’s rule, but as an eternal triumph of His rule. There will be sweeping transformations on earth as well as in heaven. No sea will be found in the new earth.
Here are links to the Virtual Tour Study Resources we are using:
1. The Jerusalem Map: https://amzn.to/3xWMAtX
2. The Holy Land Map: https://amzn.to/3f8zp0b
3. The MacArthur Study Bible I use: https://
4. The Oxford Holy Land Guide: https://
5. The Larger Moleskin Notebook I use: https://
6. The Smaller Moleskin Notebook I use: https://
7. This is the personal-sized Bible I take with me everywhere as I travel, and that you see in the videos: https://amzn.to/3tM11ha
8. These are the Bible Tabs I showed you on the videos: https://amzn.to/3boMDVt
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn income to support us in ministry from qualifying purchases.”
3. THE THIRD NEW THING IS THE NEW PEOPLES (vs. 3-4). Israel will certainly be one of them (Is. 66:22). But all the peoples on the new earth will be God’s people (v. 3). Death, sorrow, crying and pain will be unknown (v. 4). Righteousness will be the great characteristic (II Pet. 3:13).
4. THE FOURTH NEW THING IS THE NEW JERUSALEM (21:9-22:7). This is a literal city (Seiss, Newell, Gaebelein, Pentecost); a symbolical city (Scott); or it is both literal and symbolical. It seems to be suspended over the earth during the Millennium (v. 10) (Seiss, Newell, Gaebelein, Pentecost) in the shape of a cube (v. 16); although Ironside makes it a pyramid, with the reminder the shape of the holiest place in both the tabernacle and the temple was a cube. The inhabitants are clearly indicated with God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit there (v. 22) with the resurrected and glorified New Testament church who are seeking the coming city (Heb. 13:14). The names of the apostles are on the foundations (21:14). The resurrected and glorified Old Testament saints are there and they also are seeking a heavenly dwelling place. God prepared for them a city (Heb. 11:16) and the names of the twelve tribes of Israel are on the gates (21:12). Nothing that defiles can ever enter it (v. 27) and the amazing splendor is astonishing (vs. 18-21).
5. THE FIFTH NEW THING IS THE NEW TEMPLE (21:22). HEAVEN IS FULL OF NEW WORSHIP: Temple-less – God Is With Us – Emmanuel – We worship the Lord and 7 X Rev. –
WORSHIP JESUS THE LAMB AS OUR BELOVED Revelation 21:9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”
WORSHIP JESUS THE LAMB AS OUR FOUNDATION Revelation 21:14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
WORSHIP JESUS THE LAMB AS OUR TEMPLE Revelation 21:22
WORSHIP JESUS THE LAMB AS OUR LIGHT Revelation 21:23
WORSHIP JESUS THE LAMB AS OUR GUARD Revelation 21:27
WORSHIP JESUS THE LAMB AS OUR SPRING OF LIFE Revelation 22:1
WORSHIP JESUS THE LAMB AS OUR KING Revelation 22:3
6. THE SIXTH NEW THING IS THE NEW LIGHT (21:23-26). The glory of God lightens the city. The Lamb is the lamp of it. The light will illuminate the nations on the earth (v. 24). Day and no more darkness – fear, death, evil is associated with darkness….GONE! No eclipse – no burnout!
7. THE SEVENTH NEW THING IS THE NEW PARADISE GARDEN OF GOD (22:1-5).
A river of the water of life, clear as crystal, proceeds out of the throne of God and the Lamb (v. 1).
The tree of life (v. 2),
the curse no longer exists (v. 3),
and the saints will reign forever and ever (v. 5).
Is this a complete picture – No human frailty can only start to comprehend. This is a hint and it’s glorious! Thus everything in every respect is a “new creation”.
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date on Facebook: