People speak against you for no reason, betray you, or try to keep you from success. Enemies are something each of us must deal with in this life, and they can try us in every possible way.
Our natural response to enemies is often to fight back, get even, put them in their place or demand justice. But when you obey Jesus and respond to your enemies with love, prayer, forgiveness and blessing, you take yourself out of Satan’s line of fire and make room for God to handle justice as only He can. You don’t have to worry about your enemies. God says He will handle them on your behalf. Here’s how.
- He will bring everything hidden into the light. “Nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light” (Luke 8:17, NKJV) Next time you have an enemy coming against you, obey Luke 6:27-36, then pray Luke 8:17, and thank God that He will bring everything hidden into the light.
- He will avenge you. Romans 12:19 says, “Never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord’” (ESV). Under THE BLESSING, God has promised to deal with our enemies. “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before you. They shall come against you one way and flee before you seven ways” (Deuteronomy 28:7, ESV). You may not see it firsthand, but you can count on Him to carry out what He has promised.
- He won’t let enemies succeed against you. Your greatest enemy has come to steal, kill and destroy. And he doesn’t work alone. He’ll use other people (even Christians) to carry out his plans. Sometimes, it even seems like those plans are succeeding. Isaiah 54:17 says, “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn” (NKJV). So, if you have people trying to sue you or harm you in some way, you just walk in love toward them, and stand on that scripture.
- He will prepare a table before you. When you’re walking in love and in obedience to God’s Word, no matter who comes against you, they can’t stop the blessings God has in store for you. No matter how much wrong is done to you, forgive, love and pray. Then, declare and receive His promise to prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies (Psalm 23:5).
- He will help you defeat the real enemy. At the end of the day, you might think your enemy is your co-worker, your neighbor or your mother-in-law, but the true enemy is the one pulling all the strings. Ephesians 6:12-13 tells us that we do not fight against flesh-and-blood enemies but against evil spirits. So, when the devil tries to send people your way, rebuke him, send him packing, and remind him that he must go back where he belongs—under your feet!