The biblical teaching on prosperity is established on God’s totalitarian principle and not Unitarian principle.
The totalitarian principle of God emphasizes that God wants you healthy and wealthy in your spirit, soul and body.
The teaching that emphasizes that salvation of your spirit without the welfare of your entire life is not true.
The scripture says the Lord preserves your spirit, soul and body.
- Your spirit needs salvation.
2: Your soul needs transformation which is the renewing of mind
3: Your body needs divine health.
I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
- I have come to realize that believers focus on spirituality without the materiality which is the riches of that spirituality in every aspect of lives is a dangerous practice.
The Unitarian principle of spirituality is not an effective application on the daily life.
As I study scripture critically, I found out there are three kinds of life.
- Bio- This is biological life, it is the reproduction of life through flesh and blood. This is the life of the flesh.
- Psuche-This is your daily life. The scripture says guard your heart, for out of it flows the issue of life. This life is a daily life, it is a life that relates to your day to day activities. This life requires insight and wisdom as welll. Solomon dedicated the entire book of proverb to address this life.
- Zoe- This is the life of God which is eternal life. This life is domicile in Christ and it is obatained through salvation in Christ.
Biblical prosperity is the riches of God’s goodness in your spirit that is made manifest in your soul which find expression in your body.
- In summary, salvation, transformation and divine health and wealth are the will of God.
The totalitarian principle of wealth reveals the manifold grace and the power of God.
God is totalitarian and not Unitarian as regards the welfare of his people.
God bless you.
Rev. Paul Olaniyan.